When mobile phones first came out, they were in the candy bar shape, with a battery that you could take out yourself and replace easily, thank you, and these batteries would last for hours.
Smartphones were a little bigger, there is so much more too them, so the battery needed to be bigger. But it is a conundrum, smartphones are brilliant, they take mobile phones to the next level, so we use them, they run out of power, we need more power, we charge them up, they run out of power, and so it goes on.
- High-efficiency monocrystal solar panel
- Rechargeable lithium-ion battery pack
- Battery charge indicator light
- Solar charge indicator light
- Durable case to protect iPhone 4
- A USB connection port to charge and sync it with iTunes
- Standby switch to turn off charge dump to iPhone allowing your case to charge and store energy in its own battery
- Unique snap-fit design that prevents iPhone 4 back-glass from being scratched
In the early days of mobile phones, the only thing you could do was make a call and send a text or two, and the battery last days. But with the advent of the smartphone, because you can do so much with them, they are more inclined to chew through their batteries. And if you’re anything like me and talk on your phone a lot, how quickly does that battery on your smartphone diminish?
Well, here’s a handy piece of kit to help you out, it’s the Eton Mobius and it’s beefed up with a monocrystal solar panel and a 1800mAh battery. All this in a neat pocket-friendly size, what’s more, it doubles the iPhone 4’s battery life and lets it run for almost 20 minutes extra per hour of direct exposure to sunlight.
So, with a little help from this battery and the sunshine, this great piece of kit offers a state of the art eco-friendly, and only adding just 20 mm depth to your iPhone. Just in case there’s not enough sun, you can also charge it using a USB port. And all the ports and buttons are easily accessible.